St. Cloud Anger Management Therapy that Actually Works
Do you personally experience getting mad as a rocket-like rise in emotion? Are hurtful words or actions often aimed at another before you even realize that you are angry? I focus on anger management therapy in St. Cloud counseling sessions that actually works to stop irritation and frustration from becoming an all-out fit of angry rage.
Anger Managment Therapy in St. Cloud. Why Anger Management Classes May Fail
Learning generic methods taught in classes tend to fall short. Your process of rapid escalation is unique to you. Until you thoroughly understand this pattern, (even though it occurs in fractions of a second), and know how to interrupt it, extreme outbursts are likely to continue, and more typical anger management classes can fail in stopping angry outbursts, despite the many hours of attending St. Cloud anger management classes.
7 Steps To Interrupt Your Anger Pattern
My counseling process is to identify the individual way in which you escalate from mild irritation to full-blown anger. This is mapped out into identifiable and body responses combined with a series of thoughts. Once those steps are identified and mapped out, you can begin to recognize when you are in an escalating anger pattern. This gives you an opportunity to interrupt your unique pattern.
Here is the process that I use to discover and change your unique anger process.
- We simulate several situations where you became angry in the past.
- We map out what happens inside of you including all of your usual thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations.
- We identify and test out a number of potentially successful ways for you to interrupt your pattern.
- Together we choose your best interruption patterns.
- You practice the interruption patterns both within the counseling sessions and in your actual life.
- We also map out a success pattern for anger management that actually works for you. This is your personal process for handling frustration and irritation without becoming mad.
- You also practice using your new process of anger management therapy in our St. Cloud office and in your life
Why does this process work? Because it is based uniquely on you. It is not generic. More usual processes that are often a part of anger management classes fail to get to the heart of what tics you off and what happens internally with you prior to responding. The Central MN counseling clients that I have reported success by using this 7-step process of anger management therapy. This process works for women as well as when counseling men.
Successfully Working with Irritation & Frustration in Your Life
In addition to working with your anger process itself, we will look at what is behind the initial irritation and frustration that was present before you became angry. Some of this work could involve requesting your wife, husband, fiancee, girlfriend, boyfriend, family members or coworkers to do their best to modify how they are communicating with you. We will discuss ways in which to talk about helping you in this way. Doing so gives others in your life an opportunity to understand how to help you decrease instances of you triggering you into states of irritation and frustration.
Most clients with whom I have done this work have had quick improvement. A significant change was made by most within 3 sessions. Please email, text or call at 320-223-9481 if you wish to have a short, complimentary discussion on working with me on anger management therapy in St. Cloud.