What stress reducing activities might you do that are different from what you have already done?
Unique experiences add zest to life and help you to refresh yourself from day-to-day concerns. The idea is to make a list that is more doable than a “bucket list;” make it a “sand pail list” that you can place into action based on your current economic capacity. Make this list on your own, or with your mate.
Here is an example of a “Less Usual Things to Do” list:
- Begin or expand upon an engaging hobby that challenges and relaxes you
- Up your travel to varied destinations for day, weekend or longer getaways
- Mystery trips – some planed by you; some planned by your travel companion
- Volunteer ushering at concerts allowing you to also attend much of the event
- Pet sitting for pay or for a return favor, for animals you like, but choose not to own
- Go back to school via free or low cost classes including online options
- Volunteering for short timeframes for organizations you have not yet helped
- Begin playing, or resume playing a musical instrument, or sing in a choir
- Be a Big Brother or Sister to a young person or a developmentally delayed adult
- Do things artistically, including cooking, landscaping, gardening or art itself