New MN Clients
© 2021 Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, Masters in Psychotherapy, Licensed Professional Counselor
Becoming A Client Of Richard Chandler, MA, LPC. Minnesota Residents Only
Thank you for considering working with me. Please go through this page step-by-step so you are confident that it makes sense to work together before registering as a new client from the state of Minnesota. (Licensing of counseling therapists is on a state-by-state basis. Richard Chandler, MA, LPC is only licensed to counsel Minnesota residents.)
Based on Combined Household Income, Before Taxes
Under $100,000 = $115.00
$100,000 - $119,999 = $135.00
$120,000 - $139,999 = $155.00
$140,000 + = $175.00
Couple Relational Counseling Is Not A Mental Illnesses & Not Covered By Insurance
Except for one or more “no-cost” sessions provided by some employers for their employees for counseling, Marriage Therapy is not covered by insurance, as it is not medical treatment of a mental health condition.
Richard Chandler, MA, LPC Is Private Pay Only & Not Covered By Insurance
My practice is devoted to helping you with your life, not treating mental illness. The advantages to you are:
Therapy Focused On Improving Your Life & Relationships
- Many times mentally healthy people have complex challenges in their lives. We can focus on meeting those challenges rather than treating you for mental illness that may not even be present.
- It is more confidential because you do not receive a diagnosis that will stay on your permanent health records with your insurance company.
Sessions Are High-Quality, HIPPA-Compliant Online Teletherapy
Since the first part of March 2020, therapy has been totally online or by telephone:
- I invested in a professional camera, lighting, and sound, so your experience can be like in-person therapy.
- Unless the internet connection is poor, you will be able to see and hear me as clearly as if we are in an office together.
- It is of similar quality to my videos on this website.
- You have the convenience of not having to travel to sessions.
- If privacy is a concern, many clients do sessions from their vehicle.
Our Schedule for Online Counseling Therapy Sessions
In general, I schedule online teletherapy and telephone sessions on Mondays - Thursdays and Saturday mornings. Unlike most counselor therapists, I do not schedule on the hour, but instead, space sessions 1.5 hours apart. You will receive a full hour of therapy. If your session lasts a little longer than one hour, I will not charge you an additional fee beyond the hourly rate.
To best accommodate clients who work during the workday, my standard Monday through Thursdays appointment times on weekdays are:
- 8:30 am-9:30 am
- 10:00 am-11:00 am
- 11:30 am-12:30 pm
- 4:00-5:00 pm
- 5:30 -6:30 pm
If my standard times do not work in your schedule, I make exceptions to accommodate you with Monday - Thursday times of:
- 1:00-2:00 pm
- 2:30-3:30 pm
I have one non-standard time for clients who cannot schedule during the work on Saturday morning:
- 8:30 am-9:30 am
Become A Client Begins By Registering Through My Practice Management System, CounSol.Com
The CounSol.com practice management system enables you to fill out your intake information, schedule and reschedule appointments, have an online teletherapy session, and make payments for sessions.
Next, click the lower right-hand link called “Register.”
Provide your basic information and digitally sign the Confidentiality and Informed Consent Agreement.
The Registration And Intake Process Takes Most People 15 - 20 Minutes To Complete
Fill out all intake forms.
Before Scheduling Your Appointment Time, Please Text Me:
- Your full name (and your romantic partner’s full name if doing couples therapy)
- Let me know that you (and your romantic partner if doing couples counseling), have completed your intake information.
- Please text me the rate you will be paying based on your combined household income before taxes. If you are doing couples counseling and you do not live in the same household, add up both incomes and see where you fit in the fee schedule chart above.
Please also put your credit card information into CounSol.com. It is secure. The major credit card processing company, CardConnect, has the actual data. Neither employees of CounSol.com nor I have your credit card information.
Payment is due at the time of your session, but you are welcome to authorize payment at any time prior to your session.
You May Schedule Your Own Session
After completing your intake information, schedule your session by looking at the available time spots and selecting one that works for you.
- Please note that the CounSol.com system will generate an invoice at the time that you are scheduled.
- The system automatically defaults to my full rate of $175.00 for a full-hour session.
- If your combined household income is less than $140,000 per year, please text me and let me know where you fall on the sliding fee scale so I can adjust your session invoice to the proper amount.
Your Online Session
Immediately before your appointment time, log into CounSol.com and click on your appointment time.
Click On The Green Button That Says: Start Your Online Session.
If you have any difficulties, text me and let me know. I will respond by text or call you and walk you through the process if things don’t initially work.
Please note that we can use two other teletherapy platforms if we cannot immediately get the CounSol.com system to work for you.
Please authorize payment for your session before your session or by the end of your session. Thank you!
Things To Know
For couples counseling you have the choice of sharing a screen or each having your own computer or cell phone. All of us will be able to see and hear each other, even if all of us are in remote locations.
Often, it takes a minute or so to adjust volumes and positioning so we can all hear and see each other easily. If there is any technical difficulty at all, I will call you, and we problem-solve the technical issues together. Sometimes, the video is OK, but the audio is not clear enough. In that case, there is a microphone icon on the video screen for us to turn off, and we use our phones as the audio.
If the technical issues are not able to be resolved quickly, we continue the session as a telephone session. And phone sessions are just fine if you are OK with not having video.
Richard is a very easy person to open up and talk to, and that’s the biggest reason why he is so helpful with whatever you need his help with. I will always recommend him for anything, Thanks Richard!