Online Teletherapy & Telephone Sessions Schedule
© 2021 Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, Masters in Psychotherapy, Licensed Professional Counselor
From the time that the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in public health safety measures here in Minnesota in Mid-March, I have continued to serve new and existing clients. Couples clients, men women, and career consulting clients continued to work with me by phone and through online teletherapy.
Due to the present state of coronavirus cases in the St. Cloud, Alexandria & Elk River area, and throughout Minnesota, I will be doing online teletherapy and phone sessions exclusively.
Cost of Therapy
As an online marriage therapist and couples’ counselor specializing in marriage therapy, questions about the cost, frequency, number of sessions, and insurance coverage are common. People want to know these factors so they may be confident about beginning marriage counseling.
Although the most accurate answer to all of these questions is, “it varies,” the following information may be helpful if you, or a couple that you know, are considering marriage therapy.
Based on Combined Household Income, Before Taxes
Under $100,000 = $115.00
$100,000 - $119,999 = $135.00
$120,000 - $139,999 = $155.00
$140,000 + = $175.00
Our Schedule for Online Counseling Therapy Sessions
In general, I schedule online teletherapy and telephone sessions on Mondays - Fridays and Saturday mornings. Unlike most counselor therapists, I do not schedule on the hour, but instead, space sessions 1.5 hours apart. You will receive a full hour of therapy. If your session lasts a little longer than one hour, I will not charge you an additional fee beyond the hourly rate.
To best accommodate clients who work during the workday, my standard Monday through Friday appointment times on weekdays are:
- 8:30 am
- 2:30 pm
- 4:00 pm
- 5:30 pm
I also help working individual and couples' clients by offering Saturday morning times of:
- 8:30 am
- 10:00 am
- 11:30 am
If the above times do not work in your schedule, I make exceptions to my standard times to accommodate my clients' busy lives by scheduling at the following weekday times of:
- 10:00 am
- 11:30 am
- 1:00 pm
Please call or text on my dedicated counsel cellphone of 320-223-9481, or email me at email@example.com for your short, no-cost consult, or to schedule a one-hour session. My rates and questions about insurance coverage and number of sessions are answered on this link.
Steps to Scheduling an Online Individual or Couples Counseling Session
Even though you may have concerns about having counseling therapy through your computer or smartphone, please give it a try. Our clients have found it to be convenient and comfortable. Telephone therapy is also an option for you.
The Steps To Have An Online Individual Or Couples Counseling Therapy Session With Us Are:
- If you have questions about what it would be like working with me, that you have not already found answers to on this website, please text me: 320-223-9481. Text first if you want to arrange a short phone conversation.
- You register and fill out the intake information by clicking on my “Client Portal” at the top of this webpage.
- This takes about 20 minutes.
- You can use your email address for your username or make one up.
- Create a password.
- For couples counseling, both you and your partner need to fill out your own intake information.
- Contact us by text to schedule a time - 320-223-9481
- At the time of your session appointment, click on the following link for the Psychology-Today Teletherapy Platform.
- Please use a Chrome or Firefox browser. If you are already within one of those browsers, simply click this link for the Psychology-Today Teletherapy Platform. If not, paste this link into one of the above browsers.
- You will arrive in my virtual waiting room where I can see you, or both you and your spouse if doing marriage counseling.
- When I am ready for you, I click “start,” and the session begins with all us being able to see and hear each other. For couples counseling you have the choice of sharing a screen or each having your own computer or cell phone. All of us will be able to see and hear each other, even if all of us are in remote locations.
- Often, it takes a minute or so to adjust volumes and positioning so we can all hear and see each other easily. If there is any technical difficulty at all, I will call you, and we problem-solve the technical issues together. Sometimes, the video is OK, but the audio is not clear enough. In that case, there is a microphone icon on the video screen for us to turn off, and we use our phones as the audio.
- If the technical issues are not able to be resolved quickly, we continue the session as a telephone session. And phone sessions are just fine if you are OK with not having video.