Online Teletherapy & Telephone Sessions Schedule
© 2021 Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, Masters in Psychotherapy, Licensed Professional Counselor
From the time that the Covid-19 pandemic resulted in public health safety measures here in Minnesota in Mid-March, I have continued to serve new and existing clients. Couples clients, men women, and career consulting clients continued to work with me by phone and through online teletherapy.
Due to the present state of coronavirus cases in the St. Cloud, Alexandria & Elk River area, and throughout Minnesota, I will be doing online teletherapy and phone sessions exclusively.
Our Schedule for Online Counseling Therapy Sessions
In general, I schedule online teletherapy and telephone sessions on Mondays - Fridays and Saturday mornings. Unlike most counselor therapists, I do not schedule on the hour, but instead, space sessions 1.5 hours apart. You will receive a full hour of therapy. If your session lasts a little longer than one hour, I will not charge you an additional fee beyond the hourly rate.
To best accommodate clients who work during the workday, my standard Monday through Friday appointment times on weekdays are:
- 8:30 am
- 2:30 pm
- 4:00 pm
- 5:30 pm
I also help working individual and couples' clients by offering Saturday morning times of:
- 8:30 am
- 10:00 am
- 11:30 am
If the above times do not work in your schedule, I make exceptions to my standard times to accommodate my clients' busy lives by scheduling at the following weekday times of:
- 10:00 am
- 11:30 am
- 1:00 pm
Please call or text on my dedicated counsel cellphone of 320-223-9481, or email me at email@example.com for your short, no-cost consult, or to schedule a one-hour session. My rates and questions about insurance coverage and number of sessions are answered on this link.
Steps to Scheduling an Online Individual or Couples Counseling Session
Even though you may have concerns about having counseling therapy through your computer or smartphone, please give it a try. Our clients have found it to be convenient comfortable. Telephone therapy is also an option for you.
The steps to have an online individual or couples counseling therapy session with us are:
- We set the appointment time for the online counseling therapy session during our brief, no-cost phone conversation, which may be done by texting or calling. After that call, or text conversation, I will send you this link at Psychology-Today, which does not change for any subsequent sessions
- I will send you your intake form by email attachment. It only takes 10 - 15 minutes to complete. The intake form has easy-to-fill-in fields - You complete it and save it on your computer or smartphone
- Please use Chrome or Firefox browsers. If you are already within one of those browsers, simply click this link for the Psychology-Today Teletherapy Platform
- At the time of your session appointment, click the link if on your cell or within one of the specified browsers or copy and paste the link if not. Once again, here is the link for the Psychology-Today Teletherapy Platform
- When prompted, give permission to use your computer's or cell phone's audio and visual functions for the session. You will arrive in my virtual waiting room where I can see you, or both you and your spouse if doing marriage counseling
- When I am ready for you, I click “start,” and the session begins with all us being able to see and hear each other. For couples counseling you have the choice of sharing a screen or each having your own computer or cell phone. All of us will be able to see and hear each other, even if all of us are in remote locations
- Often, it takes a minute or so to adjust volumes and positioning so we can all hear and see each other easily. If there is any technical difficulty at all, I will call you, and we problem-solve the technical issues together. Sometimes, the video is OK, but the audio is not clear enough. In that case, there is a microphone icon on the video screen for us to turn off, and we use our phones as the audio
- If the technical issues are not able to be resolved quickly, we continue the session as a telephone session. And phone sessions are just fine if you are OK with not having video
1204 7th St S
St Cloud, MN 56301
Our office building is just south of Tech High School and overlooks Lake George. Parking is very near our building for clients both in the back and the side of our building.
This is also the office of our business consulting service, Strategic Leadership Consultants of MN