How Couples Improve Their Relationship with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® Step II
Many of the Central Minnesota couples that I have worked with in my St Cloud, MN office over the years have used the standard version or this more sophisticated version of the Myers-Briggs® to better understand their spouse and to be better understood by their marriage partner.
Going through the interpretation of those couples' results together within a counseling session is like watching lightbulbs being turned on. Both partners have flashes of insight as they more fully appreciate the differences in how they think and process. With this insight, new appreciation, and tolerance for each other's unique way of thinking begin to make sense.
My experience of doing hundreds of Myers-Briggs® interpretations and my training as a certified MBTI® Master Practitioner help me to share how to specifically apply what we learn to each of you individually and how your psychological personality type factors into understanding or sometimes misunderstanding each other.
You and Your Mate Can Improve Communications Through the Myers-Briggs®
- Understand your individual psychological needs and be able to better express them to your wife or husband
- Discover the preferences of your romantic partner that often contribute to misunderstanding
- Be much better understo0d and accepted by your wife, husband or romantic partner
- Make wiser decisions together by factoring in your individual decision-making preferences so the process goes more smoothly
- Develop better strategies and agreement on how you structure your household finances
- Better know and respect each other based on your similarities and your differences
Additional Benefits of the Myers-Briggs® for the St Cloud, MN Couples who work with me in Marriage Therapy
In addition to your relationship itself, we may also discuss how your psychological personality type impacts other aspects of your lives together including:
- You and your spouse's potential career advancement opportunities
- Major life transitions that either of you may be going through
- Challenges that each of you might be having with work relationships
- The psychological preferences in how you both manage money and how to better understand your spouse's preferences rather than only understanding your own
- Difficult family relationships with your own family members or your relationships with your in-laws
Ted® Talk On How Myers-Briggs® Psychological Personality Type Impacts Love Relationships
The following TEDx video from Jean M. Kummerow, Ph.D., LP, given at Grinnell College, provides an educational and entertaining overview of how psychological personality type informs us of the ways that people communicate in personal and work relationships.
Please text or call at 320-223-9481, or email me to ask any questions using Myers-Briggs® for exploring career options as well as in your personal life. I am certified as an MBTI® Master Practitioner and really enjoy working with clients with this insightful tool. After our initial no-cost conversation, we will both know if it makes sense for us to work together in marriage counseling or career consulting.
Best, Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MBTI® Master Practitioner
* Telephone and video conferencing sessions may be arranged if there is a barrier to meeting face-to-face. Although couples counseling isn't covered by insurance, our rates are affordable. We also have a sliding fee scale with reasonable minimums. We do not ask financial questions to qualify for our sliding fee scale. You simply choose the amount that is comfortable for you and your budget. Please text or call (320)223-9481 to arrange a no-cost telephone consult.
* We Welcome & Affirm LGBTQ Individual Clients and Couples.