How Couples Improve Their Relationship with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® Step II
Many of the couples that I have worked with over the years have used the standard version or this more sophisticated version of the Myers-Briggs® to better understand their spouse and to be better understood by their marriage partner.
Going through the interpretation of those couples' results together within a counseling session is like watching lightbulbs being turned on. Both partners have flashes of insight as they more fully appreciate the differences in how they think and process. With this insight, new appreciation, and tolerance for each other's unique way of thinking begin to make sense.
Actual Benefits You and Your Mate May Receive from the Myers-Briggs®
- More clearly understanding your individual needs, and those of your partners
- Discover the preferences of your romantic partner that have contributed to misunderstanding
- Be much better understo0d and accepted by your wife, husband or romantic partner
- Make wiser decisions together by factoring in your individual decision-making preferences so the process goes more smoothly
- Develop better strategies and agreement on how you structure your household finances
- Better know and respect each other based on your similarities and your differences
Additional Benefits of the Myers-Briggs® for Couples
In addition to your relationship itself, we may also discuss how your psychological personality type impacts other aspects of your lives together including:
- You and your spouse's potential career advancement opportunities
- Major life transitions that either of you may be going through
- Challenges that each of you might be having with work relationships
- Difficult family relationships with your own family members or relationships with in-laws
Ted® Talk On How Myers-Briggs® Psychological Personality Type Impacts Love Relationships
The following TEDx video from Jean M. Kummerow, Ph.D., LP, given at Grinnell College, provides an educational and entertaining overview of how psychological personality type informs us of the ways that people communicate in personal and work relationships.
Please text or call at 320-223-9481, or email me to ask any questions using Myers-Briggs® for your own personal, work life and career. I am certified as an MBTI® Master Practitioner and really enjoy working with clients with this insightful tool. After our initial no-cost conversation, we will both know if it makes sense for us to work together in marriage counseling or career consulting.
Best, Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, MBTI® Master Practitioner