It can be hard to accurately know why you are struggling academically. It may appear to others as if you are lazy, undisciplined or don't seem to care. But, in my work with helping college students improve their academics, those pejorative labels are not what is actually going on. Often, it is not a single cause, but a multitude of contributing factors that can include:
- How you best learn, and to what extent your own learning style matches, or mismatches, the teaching models used by your teachers
- The extent to which you manage the workload of the class by starting out well-organized, and staying well-organized, throughout the semester
- Your physical and mental energy level
- Your capacity to not be demotivated by professors of subjects that you do not particularly like
- Physical and mental health challenges
- Relationship difficulties with your family, friends, roommates or romantic relationships
- Over involvement with alcohol, marijuana or other non-prescribed drugs
Would Addressing Those Contributors to Poor Grades Help You?
Yes... Any of the ones listed above, as well as others that you can identify, drag on you, and may leave you drained, discouraged and unmotivated. Instead of getting your schoolwork done on time, you might find yourself procrastinating and avoiding your studies. Counseling, Life Coaching and Consulting can help. Simply call at 320-257-1646 or text at 320-223-9481 and we can visit briefly about your situation. If it makes sense for you to schedule a counseling session after a short talk, you can do so. If not, perhaps I can suggest another resource for you.
Note: We work with college students throughout Minnesota including St. Cloud State University, Saint Cloud Technical College, Minnesota School of Business, Rasmussen, St. Johns University and the College of St. Benedicts.
* Telephone sessions may be arranged. Although we do not accept insurance, our rates are very affordable. We have a sliding fee scale with reasonable minimums. * We Welcome & Affirm LGBTQ Clients. [ The St Cloud Counseling Service Area that we serve: Saint Cloud, Waite Park, Sartell, Sauk Rapids, St Joseph, Collegeville, Rice, Foley & Central Minnesota Zip Codes: 56301, 56302, 56303, 56304, 56387, 56377, 56379, 56307, 55302, 56310, 56314, 55319, 55320, 56321, 56374, 56345, 56352, 55362, ]