What New And Different Stress-Reducing Activities Might You Do?
© 2019 Richard Chandler, MA, LPC, Masters in Psychotherapy, Licensed Professional Counselor
Unique experiences add zest to life and help you to refresh yourself from day-to-day concerns. The idea is to make a list that is more doable than a “bucket list;” make it a “sand pail list” that you can place into action based on your current economic capacity. Make this list on your own, or with your mate.
Here is an Example of a “Less Usual Things to Do” list:
- Begin or expand upon an engaging hobby that challenges and relaxes you
- Up your travel to varied destinations for day-long, weekend or longer getaways
- Mystery trips – some planed by you; some planned by your travel companion
- Volunteer ushering at concerts allowing you to also attend much of the event
- Pet sitting for pay or for a return favor, for animals you like, but choose not to own
- Go back to school via free or low-cost classes including online options
- Volunteering for short timeframes for organizations you have not yet helped
- Begin playing, or resume playing a musical instrument, or sing in a choir
- Be a Big Brother or Sister to a young person or a developmentally delayed adult
- Do things artistically, including cooking, landscaping, gardening or art itself
If your stress level is high due to relationship difficulties, workplace or college stress or if you are tired of keeping things going as they are, please contact us. There is no charge for a short phone consult.
I can answer your specific questions by calling or texting me at (320)223-9481 or email me at email@example.com, and we can discuss whether or not it makes sense for us to work together.
* Telephone or video conferencing sessions may be arranged
* We Welcome & Affirm LGBTQ Individual Clients and Couples
* We respectfully serve African-American Clients
* We have reasonable rates and a sliding fee scale
Call or Text 320-223-9481 for a no-cost consult or to schedule Click Here for Driving Directions
1204 7th St S
St Cloud, MN 56301
Our office building is just south of Tech High School and overlooks Lake George. Parking is very near our building for clients both in the back and the side of our building.
This is also the office of our business consulting service, Strategic Leadership Consultants of MN